SCM

gary shindler bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 4 11:15:42 EDT 2007

Recently found "Moonbathing on Sleeping Leaves" at a pawn shop for $1. Good purchase or should I save my money? Have a couple of earlier CDs. My wife certainly digs them over Hawkwind. Reminds me of Dead Can Dance.
  Gary

Keith Henderson <khenders64 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
  Jerry G wrote: Keith Henderson wrote:
> ObCD: Sky Cries Mary - Small Town (2007)

How's this new album sound? I was really starting to get into the band when they stopped.
You can go to their webpage and listen to samples (of most tracks) online for free.

http://www.skycriesmary.com/index2.php

I like it...a little more 'introspective' and dreamier than before. The subject matter seems to have dictated this...it seems like a concept album all about life in Seattle and whathaveyou. Only a couple moments of heavy rock, here and there. Pretty much the same lineup as they were when they broke up. As always, the Romeros share the vocal duties, and here they mix it up a bit better, with some songs having one voice dominate, and others with them singing alternately back and fourth. I like that style better than the simple dual singing the same lyrical line one octave above the other, which was their normal mode of operation in the past, and here they only do that on maybe four tracks or so. The first two songs I really like, and there are three or four more winners along the way, and only a couple duds. Overall a 7 out of 10, or thereabouts.

Grakkl

Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.