Censorship goes local

Arjan Hulsebos arjanh at WOLFPACK.NL
Thu Nov 15 15:51:10 EST 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:53:58 GMT, M Holmes wrote
> Arjan Hulsebos writes:
>
> > The question at hand is where do you cross the line
>
> Line? What line?

You know, that fine line.

> > but the fact that you can say something doesn't
> > imply that you should say it.
>
> Indeed. I should have the right to all of the above, but perhaps the
> maturity not to.

But still there's a difference between "Jesus is a cunt" and "<some person's
name> is a cunt". And FoS shouldn't allow me to say "Mike Holmes is a
murderer", even in the case you're not offended by it.

> > Of course, in this case, the Scottish police acted downright stupid.
>
> It's just as well we don't have any real crimes in Edinburgh, or they
> might have missed them.

I'd rather seen them check speeds, or parking permits, for that matter.

Gr,

Arjan H