Hawkwind- New DVDs

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Aug 6 08:50:33 EDT 2008

On 05 Aug 2008, at 06:41 , SHLL (Scott Heller) wrote:
> I don't think there has been a single, really great Hawkwind DVD
> and I am not ready to spend any more money on shitty ones.

Ah, that DVD from a couple of years back with Arthur Brown on it was
quite well shot and had quite good sound (for all that I couldn't
hear it in 5.1 on my CRT TV when I rented the DVD via LoveFilm back
in the UK!).  On the other hand, Arthur Brown, while a marvelous
dude, didn't really do a lot for me in Hawkwind ... and I have to say
that apart from the fact that he wrote a few cool songs (Moonglum,
etc.), I've always felt a bit ambivalent about Huw.  He works for me
in the mid-80s-vibe Hawkwind, but not so much in the '90s/'00s
Hawkwind.  So I didn't rush out to buy the DVD, though I remember I
enjoyed watching it.

A decent DVD release of Chronicles would be cool.  I think I wore my
old VHS copy out to death back in university!  It was just ... a
remarkable document! :)  I loved the '90ish VHS of the Nottingham
Rock City performance (I think it was, too), well except for the
dancer, and I have it in mind there was a DVD version of that as
well, though I don't think I ever saw it.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson