Hawkwind- New DVDs

John Majka jmajk at INDY.RR.COM
Tue Aug 5 08:21:55 EDT 2008

Yeah the DVD re-issues of the old VHS tapes have been pretty shoddy.
Chronicle of the Black Sword sounds terrible, and the picture is
considerably darker than the VHS tape.  The same goes for Night of the
Hawks, Chaos, and Love in Space.   It's as if they used one of the tapes
(instead of the master) to make the DVDs.  On the other hand, the newer ones
look great.  On a somewhat related note, has anyone sent HW their passport
and SASE and received the Magna show?  I've been waiting a couple of months
and nothing has happened.  Not only am I expecting to not get the DVD, but I
expect my passport has been lost as well!  Any stories to the contrary?
John Majka

Hej

35£ for the 3. Not a bad price I guess but from what I recall, the Treworgy
and the US tours video tapes were not that good to start with. Is it really
worth it? Are they going to be put together as badly as most of the other
Hawkwind DVDs out there? Chronicles has like 30% sound on one channel
compared to 100% on the other. I don't think there has been a single, really
great Hawkwind DVD and I am not ready to spend any more money on shitty
ones. I ordered the new Knights of Space but it already seems it was
marketed as a double with a booklet and it is a single without any booklet?
I just don't trust these people anymore.

My 2 cents...

scott