HW: Remaster everything on the Atomhenge Label

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 8 11:57:36 EDT 2008

I agree that the sound on those is fantastic, what I would like is a remastering of the album so that the songs flow more naturally from one to the next, like they did in the concerts, rather than the separated, disjointed presentation they currently have...

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM>
Date: Friday, Aug 8, 2008 9:33 am
Subject: Re: HW: Remaster everything on the Atomhenge Label
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

Then again ... though I realize this is blasphemy, I actually like
the Assault>Void on _Palace Springs_ much better than the Warrior
version!

Now an expanded _Palace Springs_ -- I'd be into that.  Always liked
that album, with the notable exception of "Acid Test", which is at
best filler.  Let's replace it with a nice version of "Out of the
Shadows" and throw in some other "augmented 3-piece"  live stuff.
The slightly strange separation of "Treadmill" (clearly ending with
the Time We Left riff) from "Time We Left > Heads" could also be
remedied.

Ah, I bet we could make a lovely semi-live/semi-studio HW album (in
the vein of the Dead's "touched up" _Europe '72_) spanning 1989-1993
with _Palace Springs_ as its core and pulling stuff in from
_California Brainstorm_ and whatever Dave has lying about.  Some
creative editing and remixing (though _not_ overseen by the band, or
it will take 10 years and end up sounding like Yet Another Track from
TMTYL! ;) and voila ....

Sometimes I think it's not so much a remastering of the HW back
catalog that's needed as a re-editing! ;)  It's a shame that HW were
never organized enough to spawn the massive industry around them that
the Dead have for cleaning up the archives with ridiculous quantities
of technology and audio engineering skill.

Oh well! Idle daydreams!

Cheers,
Carl

--