TMTYL

creature struggling on earth insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 19 23:52:53 EDT 2008

ok, I put in TMTYL tonight, since i too, was not particularily uplifted by
it
for me, for years, Hawkwind music has been a swish of medicine, and this
still provides it for me, however, my own critical eye would proclaim thus:
1) the letter to robert is a bit too silly.......while Arthur Brown is
awesome, IMHO he is not doing for us here what he once did on Calvert's
record
2) amusingly to me, Brock seems to contradict Richard regarding android
sex......
3) most important to me....since I am not a musician pardon my attempt to
describe here, ....the entire recording to me seems a bit "digitally
bright", almost muffled.....
I think I might like to see Hawkwind enter a different studio.....
4) we want Dave Brock to not hold back and kill us..............he's still
got it......
5) less percussiveness, more Simon King pounding........(although my friend
Mary Bruce would disagree here, she is put into trance by the drum click
tracks or whatever they are...)
now, playing TMTYF.....on random.....first up is Lemmy on Silver
Machine.....how cool is that????
do I still get to keep on struggling trying to incorporate into humanity or
is this where I am beheaded???
mc