Distant Horizons - Again

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Mon Mar 3 20:39:40 EST 2008

I enjoyed DH for its heavy sound (punky and metallic) like Reptoid Vision and Alchemy and Wheels, Ron Tree is missed in HW IMHO. Am I the only one who actually liked Capt. Rizz?? I thought Hawkwind were the pinnacle of anarcho-punk on DH and IYA. Not heard of since the days in Hawklords or with Nik back and Harvey on bass in the 80s. Free floating anarchy for metalheads indeed. Well, it seemed that the twilight of the 90s closed with DH, a bleak album which was patchy though, produced by Legendary Pink Dots sound wizard Raymond Steeg.

Christian

NP: Third World War (heavy blitzish protest punk from 1971, IRA active it really rocks the for commies and the MI5)

ObCD: DarXtar "We Came Too Late"

PS: check out my Hawkwind related sites: (feedback welcome, my myspace slideshow is screwed but check back willya? gonna put up a new one)

http://bloomingdales1383.tripod.com/albumlist.html
http://bloomingdales1383.tripod.com/tradingpost.html
http://bloomingdales1383.tripod.com/hawkwind.html
http://bloomingdales1383.tripod.com/moorcockindex.html
http://bloomingdales1383.tripod.com/playlist.html
http://bloomingdales1383.tripod.com/pulp/index.html
http://bloomingdales1383.tripod.com/pulp/tubrok.html
http://bloomingdales1383.tripod.com/pulp/harvest.html
http://www.myspace.com/mumfordsen

mike coleman <insect.brain at GMAIL.COM> wrote: come to think of it I will put something forth:
I recall it is more agressive than the other projects which veered away from
mainsream HAWKWIND, and I apologize for my own
it's me not you
the agression in the music apeals to me
cheers