HW:Hawklords

Mary Sullivan maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Sat Oct 25 19:46:21 EDT 2008

Let's just create a Hawklords album by ourselves, as it should be,
and without any of the principles. Plenty of futuristic paranoia and
eloquent rage against the machine. I thought that was the definition of
reality.

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List
[mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET]On Behalf Of Carl Edlund Anderson
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 10:10 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: HW:Hawklords

On 24 Oct 2008, at 06:41 , M Holmes wrote:
> Get Arthur back to reprise Calvert and it could be a great project.
> Base
> it on the revolution against Pan Transcendental Industries and the
> "Angel" overlords.
> If sufficiently prodded, I'll even try to help write lyrics...

Eh, lovely chap though Arthur is, I'm not convinced he really worked
in this context.

Let's just create a Hawklords album by ourselves, as it should be,
and without any of the principles. Plenty of futuristic paranoia and
eloquent rage against the machine. We'll write 16 tracks, throw away
the worse half, but take the best bits of them to write 4 more
tracks, and then keep the best 8 or 9 of all of it (since 1 or 2
tracks will, of course, fly off into spacey jams in the middle and
probably elsewhere).  Then we'll add a cover of Swindell's "Shot Down
in the Night" (simply because I think it would be cool).  We'll title
the whole thing FALCO DOMINATUS, release it in high quality audio
files for free, and encourage people to burn copies to CD so as to
sneak them into the bins at record shops for the bafflement of the
the world at large.  In our ensuing rocket ride to fame and nefarious
notoriety, we will tour and perform a different song every night with
Samantha Fox on guest vocals.

:)

Cheers,
Carl

PS - we shall title one of our new songs "Bring Me the Head of Yuri
Gargarin", simply because it's a great title that should finally have
something listen-able associated with it. ;)

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
http://www.carlaz.com/