OFF: Space Rock

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Sep 26 08:46:04 EDT 2008

On 25 Sep 2008, at 19:15 , Chris Warburton wrote:
> Sad to say, my recent adventures in bandland (The Hands Of Joe)
> imploded due to some spectacularly Spinal Tap-ish behaviour on the
> part of our front man before I could even try to persuade any of
> you lot to come and see us, never mind get as far as the studio...
> Watch this space - my main partner-in-crime is taking over a pub,
> so I'm sure more live adventures will follow!

Bummer!  I know that feeling .... ;)  But here's hoping a freshly
dusted-down phoenix arises from the ashes .... :)

BTW, any of you out there in would-be-band-land that are interested
in virtual collaboration, gi' us a shout.  These days, I tend to do
my home-recording (albeit at a speed that would get me enough
material for album-length releases _almost_ as slowly as current
BOC ;) in Apple GarageBand, so it's easy for me to exchange material
with other GB users -- but obviously it's not much harder just to
sling WAVs around, taking them in and out of whatever editor people
are using locally.  Improvisatory material is, erm, understandably
difficult to do this way ;) but one can at least crank out composed
pieces that don't sound too bad for all that their knocked up at home
by clueless if enthusiastic amateurs with guitars plugged into the
computer -- an improvement on _Bring Me the Head of Yuri Gargarin_, I
should think, anyway. ;)

I think I've still got some time to wait before online music
collaboration becomes as easy as (or easier than) as chatting by
Skype ... but we're closer than we were 10 years ago! :)  All that
technology will eventually create the global jam (hopefully
generating enough noise to irritate the global village regularly :)).

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson