best fan recorded shows

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 7 12:28:14 EDT 2009

I recently torrented a gigantic collection of Tragically Hip bootlegs and so far over the course of 2 or 3 weeks it has been shared out at a ratio of something like 30 to 1.  If only that was sourced through Dime I'd never need to worry about my ratio again.  :)  As it is I ended up having to bump my Dime ratio by downloading and sharing a Yes live boot that I really don't care that much about, but which is apparently much in demand....  It is kind of a nuisance that sharing Hawkwind wouldn't accomplish that, but if enough of us showed up, maybe then it would....

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM>
Date: Tuesday, Apr 7, 2009 10:38 am
Subject: Re: best fan recorded shows
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

On 07 Apr 2009, at 09:01 , Steve Swann wrote:
 I'm not advocating Dime necessarily.  Although the required ratio
 is now only 0.25 btw.  :)

Hmm, if my account still exists, I should check whether my ratio is
currently higher or lower than that! :)

I have successfully bittorrented Hawkwind shows that moved over or
were otherwise posted to Pirate Bay, and generally try to stream them
for as long as possible with my admittedly limited disk space
Checking my current ratio, it's about 1.81, which ain't too
embarrassing for a casual torrenter of live shows from (let's face
it) a slightly obscure band!

I just always had bad luck with Dime torrents for some reason!

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson