HW: California Brainstorm

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Apr 28 14:38:00 EDT 2009

On 28 Apr 2009, at 13:19, Steve Swann wrote:
> (rightly or wrongly) Choose Your Masques has never been one of the
> albums that gets talked up a lot...

I have to say that I never really warmed to the RCA albums that much! :)

Before them came the "Calvert era" in the late 70s that, after the
Sonic Assassins "wilderness period", was superseded by the very
different but very promising _Levitation_ ... but then on to the RCA
albums, which I wasn't so into -- and then, IMO, things didn't really
pick up until CotBS, the vibe of which really harked back to
Levitation in many ways, more so than continuing the RCA style, I
thought.

Cheers,
Carl

--