HW: California Brainstorm

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Apr 29 15:32:53 EDT 2009

On 28 Apr 2009, at 14:10, Christian Mumford wrote:
> The RCA stuff quickly followed in the heels of "Levitation" and I
> consider the entire Huw era from 1979 (Levitation) up to 1988
> (Xenon Codex) one big "era", which includes "Choose Your Masques"
> the NWOBHM era if you like... Black Sword doesen't strike me as
> similar to "Levitation" due to the sword & sorcery concept, i find
> "Xenon Codex" to be its logical "bastard brother" of sorts....

I can see viewing the 79-88 "Huw era" as a piece, though nonetheless,
the RCA albums always seemed to stand to one side, to me.  And,
thematically, I don't think there's much connection between the Black
Sword stuff and either Levitation or Xenon Codex (or much of anything
else, barring WotEoT!); it's more in the style of music music that I
feel the Live '79/Levitation stuff is closer to Black Sword or Xenon
Codex than to the RCA material.  Dunno -- it's just a feeling! :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson