OFF: UK's premier green awareness festival under threat from police and local council.

Arjan Hulsebos arjanh at DEHULST.NL
Mon Aug 10 11:08:14 EDT 2009

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:38:12 -0500, mike coleman wrote
> why can't we just take the path of least resistance and utilize the earths
> magnetics (or whatevr we can bum)

Well, you need a _varying_  magnetic field for that, and the temporal
variation in the earth's magnetic field is zero for all practical purposes. As
for burning stuff, that's what got us into this crap in the first place....

> we could simply admit we've _NEVER_ been the most intelligent species
> inhabiting the earth, and then just bring a bunch of flashlights to the
> ocean depths  and signal signal signal

Yeah, and make that "signal signal signal    sig_nal sig_nal sig_nal    signal
signal signal".

Coming back on Mike H's statement that increased solar heat is the problem: it
isn't. It's being unable to loose enough heat (from any source). And when a
system gets knocked out of equilibrium, the best way of getting back to
equilibrium is to remove the source of the disturbance, not to fiddle around
with the system itself.

Gr,

Arjan H