Happy 40th anniversary HAWKWIND 8/29/1969-present

Burro Mike sloterdijk at MSN.COM
Sat Aug 29 09:42:20 EDT 2009

Greetings friends,
I can't tell you all how much I wish I could be in Notting Hill today to see Hawkwind perform their 40th anniversay gig. No other band or performer has given me so much pleasure, food for thought and well, downright psychedelic bliss.

I feel blessed to have appeared on their 'Hawkfest 2002' CD, as well as the great tribute disc 'Daze of the Underground'. Once when I was about 17, I wandered off atop a lone hillside on our family farm, dropped acid and listened to Hawkwind live at Stonehenge. As the trees became dark purple giants treading through the darkness, Hawkwind provided the soundtrack and I knew then there was no other band quite like them. I have more fond memories associated with Hawkwind than I do with many people. Dave Brock says the band and the audience are "like a tribe", and if that's so I am grateful to be a member..All the best of luck tonight lads, and thanks for 'the first 40 years'..Peace, Mike Burro

PS: here is a nice article which appeared in England's 'Gaurdian' newspaper
yesterday which encapulates the band's career and leads up to tonights show; mind you, the bloke in the picture is not the Captain, but rather Tim Blake who pilots his own ship when notserving with Hawkwind; 'The Crystal Machine'.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/aug/27/hawkwind-dave-brock