Off: That's prophetic

Theodore O Jackson tjackson at SYR.EDU
Tue Dec 8 11:37:53 EST 2009

It's a documented fact that a disproportionate number
of violent criminals in the US have 'funny' or unusual names.
The worst of those being men with the middle name Wayne.
Rationale being that fathers who admired John Wayne's
machismo were bad parents...

As the owner of awful first--and middle--names, I always
beg prospective parents to think of the impact giving
their child a funny name might have.  For the record, I don't
find the name Luna to be funny or all that unusual, but I
wouldn't give it to my daughter either!

tj

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On Behalf Of so pretty vacant
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 11:24 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: Off: That's prophetic

Hey Maxine
Not to get in your way, but you've now caused me to post what I almost did
before......I think names tend to affect the traits of a person to a large
degree, and I think if I was to have a daughter I'd want to name her Luna
how awesome!!!
I think I want to meet this girl when she gets older if I live to become a
drooling old frigtening sight-
what I want to know, is how do these guys ansd gals deal with the
GUILT!!!!!!
what are they handing out for that???
I'm kidding *i'm kidding*
*Mike, who may think this way due to living on las lunas street in
california for my first 2 years, and currently would like to crawl back into
whoever's womb i popped out of and  disappear*