HW: Alan Davey interview

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 13 06:34:46 EDT 2009

Jon Jarret writes:

> P. S. Harvey is on the other hand in my opinion the best *synth* player
> Hawkwind ever had and I would respectfully ask a rejoining Simon, were
> such ever to occur, to stick to violin so that there would be space for
> Harvey too...
> --

Now in a "perfect world", for me, if Simon were to plug back into whatever
he was using on Warrior, I would say do anything, I mean ANYTHING to keep
Harvey from messing anything up........
and before I continue, I rather see you as a personal friend Jon, and none
of this stuff is very serious to me, and while I almost could have been a
musician,  I do not have an "ear" for much besides guitar, although Simon
King gave me an "ear" for his drumming, (and) I never found any fault with
Harvey's bass-playing
Now that you've emitted this, I'll have to pay attention........
I find it strange that Simon House would (for me) trump Dik Mik and Del,
though my connections higher up refer me to the fact Del was overseeing a
bunch of the instruments..........
on a side note, any bass-playing forum members please look away, a friend
told me the other day that someone he likes, Blackie Lawless, refers to the
bass as "the instrument of ignorance", in regards to his switching to the
guitar, and then there was Dave Mustaine saying "Bass, that's just one step
up from the kazoo".....hehehe
One thing I am sure of,  is that Judge Trev certainly chose the wrong
instrument...that guy should NEVER have picked up a guitar......talk about
painful.......and you should see how fast people make excuses to leave every
time his "noise" is on my stereo.....I won't even mention when he opens his
mouth to "sing"???
Mike