Using an iPad - was krankshaft format solution found

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sun Apr 10 12:28:41 EDT 2011

On 09 Apr 2011, at 11:02, Paul Mather wrote:
> I wouldn't agree with the word "toy" but the iPad does definitely
> fall into a niche and is more limited than a general purpose
> laptop.  That's why when, recently at work, when I was given the
> option of ordering a laptop or an iPad for myself it was a no-
> brainer: I went for the laptop.

I think its an issue of different tools fitting the different needs
of different users.  A tablet (whether an iPad or some other
manufacturer's equivalent) fits my needs better than either a laptop
or a smartphone.  I do serious writing an app using on my desktop
computer, which has more power and flexibility and a bigger screen.
I only need a mobile phone so my wife can call me (and occasionally,
I can call her).  Portable, "annotatable" e-reading with some basic
Web/email/calendar functionality covers most of the rest of what I do
on a daily basis, and tablets are good at that.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson