Using an iPad - was krankshaft format solution found

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sun Apr 10 12:33:16 EDT 2011

On 10 Apr 2011, at 08:26, John Rennie wrote:
> The 7" tablets are too small really. You need a 10" screen like the
> iPad or the Archos 101 for reading PDFs to be a pleasant experience.
> Be warned that the experience of several friends suggests that wives
> love iPads and will quick monopolise it. Most of my friends have had
> to buy a second iPad for their own use. Friends with a teenage
> daughter have had to buy a third!

Even infant daughters get cranky when they can't have the iPad.  It's
rapidly becoming clear to me that we are a tablet-per-person family.
All I need now is a tablet-per-person budget! ;)

I think I could use a smaller screen if it were a better screen.  I
think it would be hard to get a usable e-reader screen down to the
size of an iPhone or Blackberry, but down to the x-y dimensions of
the average paperback novel would be OK, I think, if the screen were
good enough.

Still, I used to lug around a briefcase with laptop, books, folders
full of papers ... now I just lug around the iPad, so even if it
doesn't fit in my pocket, it is at least easier to carry around than
what I used to.

The only difficulty is sometimes I need to go back to the briefcase
full of stuff because the wife or daughter wants the iPad, too. ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson