Using an iPad - was krankshaft format solution found

Arin Komins akomins at UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon Apr 11 09:07:42 EDT 2011

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

:Subject: Re: Using an iPad - was krankshaft format solution found
:

[snip]

:the issue here is knowing how best to use the tool.  (For docs, PDFs,
:etc., I recommend GoodReader.)

I can also recommend iAnnotate.  It's better than goodreader at
annotations.

GoodReader wins, though, for its WebDAV support.

[snip]

:Yes, I can see advantages to getting the iPad to play better
:wirelessly with, say, video projectors and Windows LANs ... and

video projector support is much better with the iPad 2 (much less flaky).

...and Windows LAN support is there with help from a third party vendor or
two (although sharepoint support comes pretty easily if you have a decent
DAV client, and all the iPads suffer for file storage that isn't clouded,
whether that's SMB or otherwise.)

Thx,

Arin
Arin Komins			       	      akomins at uchicago.edu
Solutions Architecture Consultant
University of Chicago/IT Services/ITPD	        tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #409, Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559