(OFF) was WOTHEOT, now pure geekspeak

Johan Edlundh joe.e at TELIA.COM
Sat Mar 12 19:29:36 EST 2011

At 20:36 2011-03-12, you wrote:
>On 3/10/11, mike c <insect.brain at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Now we're talking geekery.
> >> Add label variations, foreign pressings and sleeve differences - How
> >> do I contribute?
>
>Tell us if  QSnC and Astounding exist as Swedish presses!!!
>My friend has NO MOTU LP's from there, and (until Wilfried says shut
>up), I believe he mentioned he had 1 version.
>Don't know what Alfred may have or other kollectors who may lurk.
>Those MOTU and ANY Swedish stuff has to be very rare.
>I shared some info on the Fame/Liberty UK reissues of MOTHU I know
>about, including sticker variants, and the info that came back was
>enough to short circuit my brain. as I could have expected.
>I give up??

I haven't seen any Swedish QS&C.
But on the other hand, I've haven't been aware of what the n(c)b sign
is saying until just recently.
The 25-Years-On and PXR5 n(c)b labels has just been another label
variations for me, and a n(c)b label of QS&C *could* have slipped
through my hands in the early years of my Hawk Kollecting.

The MOTU's is one typical n(c)b, while the other one clearly says
"MADE IN SWEDEN" in very small letters above the UA logo on label.
And the n(c)b is there too. I believe Wilfreids copy is plain n(c)b.
Both these entitys has sleeves that also are printed in Sweden. Back
side, down right is an almost unseeable black logo sign on dark
background of the SIB TRYCK TUMBA plant. SIB TRYCK was the maker of
almost all swedish album sleeves in the 70 and 80:ies. Nowadays
they're printing other stuff.
http://www.sibtryck.se/
There's no sign of Swedish made sleeves for the 25-Years-On and PXR5 records.

Of course there's the van der Graaf combo too, in the Swedish saga of
HW vinyls.

Those are the only Swedish entities I'm aware of.

Don't you think we need a special forum for geekspeak like this?

believed to be clean.