(HW) BOTE (my review)

SUBSCRIBE BOC-L Jamun jason_gregory at TALK21.COM
Tue Mar 15 18:21:23 EDT 2011

BOTE cannot be taken out of context. It is a Hawkwind album and as such, has
to be compared with other Hawkwind albums. If we do such a comparison we can
see that compared with the Golden age of Hawkwind albums: "Hawkwind",
"Doremi Fasol Latido", "Hall of the Mountain Grill",  "Space Ritual", "X In
Search Of Space", "Warrior on the Edge of Time", "Astounding Sounds, Amazing
Music", "Quark, Strangeness and Charm" BOTE doesnt hold up. Then compared
with the Silver age: "25 Years On", "PXR5", "Levitation", "Sonic Attack",
"Church of Hawkwind", "Choose Your Masques", "The Chronicle of the Black
Sword" it also doesnt hold up. In the bronze age its beaten by "Electric
Tepee". Infact I would go as far as to say its only better than "Distant
Horizons".

Like the works of any artist, Hawkwind wont be remembered for BOTE.

It is off course nice for fans that we have another Hawkwind album, but I
would like to remember everyone that since Dave Brock trademarked the name
Hawkwind he can basically release anything under that name. But is it really
Hawkwind, that is the question?