Imaginos

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Jul 4 10:20:21 EDT 2012

On 04 Jul 2012, at 03:18 , Arjan Hulsebos wrote:
> On the subject of Imaginos, I find it to be two-sided. The first five songs
> being very heavy, while the rest is much lighter.

I know what you mean, though I am not sure that -- in tone, anyway, if not density of power chords -- "Blue Öyster Cult" (the reworked "Subhuman" -- is so much lighter than the almost jaunty "Del Rio's Song".  Likewise, "Magna of Illusion" is not fast, but neither is it really that lightweight.  The only song (from the released album) that I am never really been able to square myself with is "Imaginos" itself!

You can hear a few of the others via the "Imaginos Demos" bootleg that floats around the Internet.  (Not that, of course, I would wish to be understood as encouraging or condoning illegal downloading -- I just note, in the name of science, what is in theory possible ....)  An "unplugged"  tBS version of "The Girl That Love Made Blind" cropped up on _Malpractise_, though my sense (cough) is that the original version had a somewhat unpluggy vibe, too. "Gil Blanco County", I understand (cough), seems more mid-tempoish and like perhaps a more "stately" sort of "Del Rio" vibe ....

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson