BOC 2012

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Jul 12 10:57:55 EDT 2012

On 11 Jul 2012, at 20:38 , Albert Bouchard wrote:
> This current Blue Coupe record should set the tone for what you can expect in the future. We have been much harder on ourselves than the last one which was just a ruse to get Robby Krieger to play with us. The sound on the last one was also a compromise and we still never had a rehearsal! This time we had 2 practice sessions, recorded in a real studio that has produced many hits, and made demos for 3 times the number of songs we had last time. We are all about fun but it's not like we don't still have passion and things to say. We're striving to find a balance. Not being defensive but I don't think that it's a matter of being a hobby or having great chops. It's all about the passion, especially after you've already realized your dreams. And we're still finding our way, there are plans in the works for larger complicated works that are designed to blow socks off.

Well, that's good to know. :)  But, yeah, I mean: I don't to be understood to mean that Blue Coupe is not suffused with passion or being done by guys without passion!  Not at all!  :)  Just that different projects seem oriented towards different kinds of ends and goals and even means -- and "Blue Coupe" (who, from the stuff I've managed to get ahold of, seem very cool and the live shows particularly are probably great, not that I've seen them in person) and "Imaginos" and the "The Brain Surgeons" all seem (to me) like different projects and so naturally oriented towards different kinds of things.

And, hey, I _always_ am looking forward to what comes next! :)  Hey, I mean, even if Buck and Eric came along and said "We're gonna do a duo album of smooth jazz covers", it'd be like, "Well, all right; let's hear it then." :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson