BOC: So long and thanks for the fish

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Thu Apr 2 06:39:25 EDT 2015

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, Jeff Thompson wrote:
> Yeah.  Where HAVE the BOC discussions on the net migrated  Do people just
> hang out on Eric and Donald's FB pages or something?  I really like the
> listserv format.  Maybe lists, like usenet, are a dying thing.

 	This does, alas, seem to be the state of things. PhD Comics, as so
often, has it about right:
http://phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=1790

> Haven't seen Al in a while.  How many of us BOC fans are left?

 	Well, I came here as a BÖC fan, met Hawkwind and got sucked in...
I would probably go and see BÖC one more time, but they've been less
exciting each time I have, and I'm afraid to utterly spoil my memory of
them. First saw them in 1998, on the Heaven Forbid tour, with Eric still
in full voice, Danny Maranda on bass and Bobby Rondinelli on drums and
that was great, tight, fierce and funny when there was a chance to be,
Allen coming to the front for 'In Thee' and 'Last Days of May'. I still
think there's some good stuff on that album that is unjustly forgotten.
But each time they make it here it's with a different rhythm section,
fewer original members and less energy... Al, however, I will go see in
any band he can get over here if I only find out about it, and therein
lies the problem, because I used to get most of my gig notices through
this here list! Yours,
 			Jon

--
   Jonathan Jarrett       "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
Medievalist historian    but stands also delivered by some good author."