BOC - Bad Channels Record Store Day Release

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Thu Apr 2 06:48:09 EDT 2015

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, Nathan Gilbert wrote:
> http://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/7838
>
> This album any good?

         It's what you might call a mixed bag, in fact it'd be hard for it
to be more mixed. There's two quite good real B#C songs, albeit the lyrics
are by John Shirley so immensely repetitive, then some ten other songs by
mostly-deservedly unknown bands who could have been played on the
fictional local radio station at which the film to which this album is the
soundtrack is set (phew, grammar, sorry). A couple of these are fun, none
are what I'd call good. Then the last twenty minutes or so is Tangerine
Dream-style incidental electronica, which is by Buck but you'd never know
that to hear it. So, buyer beware, I'd say. Yours,
                                                    Jon

--
   Jonathan Jarrett       "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
Medievalist historian    but stands also delivered by some good author."