Floyd 67-74 Japanese and bootleg collecting

John McIntyre mcintyre at PA.MSU.EDU
Tue Feb 3 12:43:02 EST 2015

On 2/1/2015 6:54 AM, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> That's really always the problem I had with post-Barrett Floyd. There's some stuff that I recognize as great music, but they just came across as such _miserable_ sods.

Oh, but that's the point.

Consider Paul Simon.

"I Am A Rock" versus "Bridge Over Troubled Waters."  (Err, that
"troubled waters" pun was unintended.)

I dragged my then girl friend to an Eric Andersen concert, and at the
end of his set, she turned on me "Do you listen to this music just to
feel sorry for yourself?"

I had not thought of it that way.

But she did have a point.

Two years later I was at another Eric Andersen concert, sans girl
friend.  (There were a lot of other issues.  It wasn't just "him or me".)

But I do like the miserable sods. (-8

John McIntyre
mcintyre at pa.msu.edu