OFF/HW: Re: Floyd 67-74 etc - a word in Waters' defense

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Feb 4 07:31:09 EST 2015

On 04 Feb 2015, at 05:47 , Jonathan Jarrett <jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
> When I saw this, I was going to say, "well come on, it's not like Hawkwind doesn't have its own feuds". But actually, when you think about it... how many bands have the various people leaving Hawkwind (or even staying) generated? Because of that, and my fan's curiosity in following it up, I have stuff I think is great by at least Spiral Realms, Inner City Unit, two or three of the various Nikwinds, the Fantastic All Stars, Star Nation, Earthlab, the Anubian Lights, Pressurehed, Farflung (especially Farflung!), Bob Calvert, Krankschaft, Bedouin, Spaceseed... and I could go on, especially if I included bands people came to Hawkwind from or bands I've got into because of people from them working with people out of Hawkwind or supporting Hawkwind (like Bruise or Litmus). What have the Floyd fans got? Some dreary solo work and not much more. Hawkwind has been a nebula generating new space objects! Floyd, eh, not so much...

Indeed, one may reasonably think of Hawkwind in terms of nebulae -- they are a regular star/space-rock nursery! ;)

Speaking of which, I saw Steve Pond posting a link to buy FLACs of a remastered version of ICU's "The Presidents Tapes" for UKP3: https://gumroad.com/l/CJUx

Can't go too far wrong!  The new Krankschaft, "Three" (aka "Steve Pond gets his blanga on") is likewise available via Gumroad and likewise fairly cool. :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson