HW: James D. Tait & The Magick Mohammedz Of Ishtar

Abra Cadabra anacondaconan at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 9 12:38:21 EST 2015

Ok, i really like old blackmetal and Dave Brock & Kris Tait's crazy
Prophetised Offspring has this middle eastern crusades type blackmetal
band called The Meads Of Asphodel and more recently, The Wolves Of
Avalon. I am curious if i am complete in my Meads/Wolves department. I
assume Meads have broken up by now. The Wolves CD i have has people
from Graveland and Nokturnal Mortum and others. More folkish style
than Meads. From my CD/vinyl collection, a discog:

The Meads Of Asphodel - The Early Years
The Meads of Asphodel / Mayhem - Jihad / Freezing Moon (split CD 2002)
The Meads Of Asphodel - The Excommunication of Christ [w/ Huw Lloyd
Langton of Hawkwind, incl. cover of Hawkwind's "Assault & Battery"]
The Meads Of Asphodel - Exhuming The Grave Of Yeshua [w/ Alan Davey &
Huw Lloyd Langton of Hawkwind, incl. cover of Hawkwind's "Utopia"]
The Meads Of Asphodel - Damascus Steel [w/ Alan Davey & Huw Lloyd
Langton of Hawkwind, incl. cover of Hawkwind's "Sword Of The East"]
The Meads of Asphodel - The Mill Hill Sessions [w/ Alan Davey & Huw
Lloyd Langton of Hawkwind]
The Meads Of Asphodel - Life Is Shit 7" vinyl EP [covers of Stiff
Little Fingers, The Ruts and The Stranglers] (2007)
The Meads Of Asphodel - In the Name of God Welcome to Planet Genocide
[w/ Alan Davey of Hawkwind]
The Meads Of Asphodel / Old Corpse Road -  English Black Punk Metal [split CD]
The Meads Of Asphodel - The Murder Of Jesus The Jew [2011] [w/ Alan
Davey of Hawkwind]
The Wolves Of Avalon - Carrion Crows Over Camlan [Meads of Asphodel + guests]

PS: I did a metal special on UHORT some years ago where i played all
of Meads HW covers and the stonkingly heavy "God Is Rome". Think it
got rotated out of the AI radio page for newer shows, but i do have
the show on my PC if anyone wants to hear it. The show also has
Manilla Road, Celtic Frost and a massive 20 minute "Xanadu" by Rush.

Christian