OFF: New song "Parallax" by Espada Negra (on the Hawkwindy side!)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Jan 19 14:09:16 EST 2015

Well, if I had Gary Ramon sing on "Afterburner", it would just sound waaaay too much like Sun Dial's "Magic Potion" cover! LOL  And if John Garcia sang it, it would just sound waaaay too much like "Gardenia". And if Dave Brock sang it .... ;)

The first singer for band I was in when I lived in the UK, The Hibachi Dealers, actually did a pretty good job on our covers of "Afterburner", I thought. Maybe I should see if he still has a mic and recording capabilities .... :) I always wanted to have a female vocalist for my projects -- like a heavy-rock version of Grace Slick or something :) -- but I've never managed to make it work out, or had enough volunteers!

Thanks on the production compliments. It's done on an iMac rather than a laptop as such these days :) but I try to keep it from sounding too "fake" (particularly the drums), even though of course it all "is". ;)

The Mullet Mournblade one" ... "No More Gasoline"? Yeah, I like how that one came out. It was fun doing the distance (Colombia <-> New Zealand!) collaboration with Dunken. :) The one with Rich Jones (Colombia <-> England!) was fun too. We've talked about doing another Mournblade cover (the Espada Negra project began as a "Mournblade tribute project", though this was almost immediately derailed by the actual band reforming!), maybe "Eternal Champion", though I haven't gotten around to messing with that yet ... if I ever do!

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson