[boc-l] And now... a word from our sponsor

Terry Kennedy TERRY at glaver.org
Mon May 9 05:24:39 EDT 2016

  TL;DR - "Don't make me come down here again."

  I have been the sysadmin for the various servers that have hosted
BOC-L for the last 20+ years. While I don't generally believe in
limiting speech ("censorship" is only censorship if done by / for a
government), anyone's right to post and to have their posts read is
based on the consensus of the community they're participating in.

  The stuff that's come through this list in the past 5 weeks is
downright bizarre and has definitely moved beyond the community's
willingness to tolerate this kind of stuff.

  I've made some changes to the list parameters for Ben, which will
give him (hopefully) the tools he needs to reign in any further be-
havior like this before you folks even see it. This should restore
some normality to the list. Other outlets are available for people
to post their stream-of-[un]consciousness rants, ranging from Red-
dit to /dev/null.

  Since this issue has only been going on for 5 weeks or so, there
is probably no need to remove the posts from the archives. That is
an option for Ben and myself in the event that this type of thing
happens again. Abusive posters (or at least their posts) can be
"disappeared" from this list if necessary.

  We now return you to your regularly scheduled (if low-traffic)
discussions of BOC, Hawkwind, and so on.

        Terry Kennedy      ISPnet, Inc.      http://www.ispnet.net
        New York, NY USA                     800-806-NETS