[boc-l] Good article about the reality of the music business for senior bands like BOC

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at coriolis.greenend.org.uk
Fri Aug 4 06:57:17 EDT 2017

On Fri, 4 Aug 2017, EMF via boc-l wrote:

> Featuring Eric Bloom.  An perhaps a brief hope for future music...
>
> http://www.ocweekly.com/music/blue-oyster-cults-eric-bloom-is-a-road-warrior-but-says-albums-dont-pay-8256912

 	Thanks for posting that, it's actually quite encouraging in a grim
way. The economics of it make sense, though there's a third way there
where a good new song might find a public via the streaming and Internet
distributions of which they seem so wary. But I would actually like to see
this band do something else before they quit. I should also go see them
again but they seem to have given up on touring in the UK, just doing
festivals now. But people I know who've seen them there have given better
reports than I'd have expected.

 	I am so behind with it all, though. I only found out there was new
Hawkwind just after the tour finished this May and I still haven't got it.
Not because I don't care, just because I'm buying music in dribs and drabs
from Discogs.com now and so don't see the kind of advertising to remind me
that I used to. And of course, there was no mention of it here... But new
BOC would also be good, as ever. I do play CotHM every now and then,
mainly for 'Dance on Stilts' and 'Good to Be Hungry'. It means kind of
tuning out the rest, of course... Yours all,
 					     Jonathan

 	Jonathan Jarrett, Leeds      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk
 	"May the Lord Almighty guard your life, because among other
  things it is of great value in silencing the idiocies of blatherskites."
   (Archbishop Lanfranc of Canterbury to Archbishop John of Rouen, 1073)