ISPnet maintenance - Wed-Thur, July 15-16

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Fri Jul 10 11:49:20 EDT 2009

ISPnet has scheduled a maintenance window from midnight to
03:00 AM on Thursday morning, July 16.

The maintenance work will affect only customers connected to
ISPnet with Verizon T1 data circuits.  Customers with other
types of connections (T3, Ethernet, etc.) including all
customers at colocation centers, will not be affected.

ISPnet customer Verizon-T1s are presented to ISPnet as
channels on T3 circuits.  We are working with Verizon to
reengineer the way these T3s are delivered to ISPnet.

Verizon has scheduled this work for just after midnight,
next Thursday morning.  We are allowing a 3-hour window for
the work, as a precaution against unexpected difficulties.
We hope that the actual customer impact will be much less,
e.g., one or two 5-15min service interruptions during the
window.

T1 customers who are dual-homed with another ISP should see
only brief periods of routing instability during the service
window.

ISPnet T1 customers with a backup path to ISPnet over either
a DSL or cable-modem connection should also see only brief
periods of routing instability during the window.

We have also been warned that, while Verizon is currently on
schedule to do the work on July 16, due to the complexity of
their preparations, there is a chance that they may notify
us that they will need to delay.  If so, we will pass on
that info as we get it.  However, we wanted to post this
notice now, to give our customers as much warning as
possible.

As always, we will do our best to limit the impact of this
work and apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused.

--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.  http://www.ispnetinc.net

+1 (718) 464-4747  office