Maintenance window, ISPnet Staten Island colocation customers, April 12, 2015

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Fri Apr 3 16:11:09 EDT 2015

ISPnet has scheduled the following maintenance window:

   Sunday, 04/12/15 00:00 EDT (start)
   Sunday, 04/12/15 02:00 EDT (end)

The work will affect only a subset of ISPnet customers, namely
some of our single-connection Staten Island customers.

The work is aimed at avoiding any reoccurence of a problem which
affected one of ISPnet's cabinets at this site on March 12, 2015.

We will be upgrading both the electical service to the cabinet
and the Automatic Transfer Switches in the cabinet.

This will necessitate a complete power-down of all the equipment
in the cabinet for some period of time, currently estimated at 15
to 30 minutes.

Due to the redundancy inherent at this ISPnet POP, customers who
are dual-connected to us should continue to receive uninterrupted
service during this period.

Service will be interrupted to customers who are who are single-
connected, with a cross-connect to the affected ISPnet cabinet.

If you are a single-connection customer at this site, you can
determine whether your service will be affected in several ways.

The most obvious indicator is whether you lost service during the
March 12th outage.  If so and if no configuration changes have
been made since, then your service will almost certainly be
interrupted again during the upcoming maintenance window.

A more precise way is to confirm the termination of your single
Telehouse cross-connect to ISPnet.  All new ISPnet customers at
7 Teleport Drive are provided with LOA/CFA for ports on ISPnet
switches in two separate cabinets, allowing the customer to order
two Telehouse cross-connects to ISPnet.  Single-connection
customers are those that decided to order only one cross-connect.

The CFAs for the two cross-connects are of a form similar to:

   cage DS2, rack C28, Shelf 10A, slot <nn>
   cage DS2, rack C28, Shelf 10B, slot <nn>

where <nn> is a number, varying customer to customer.

If you ordered a single cross-connect to Shelf 10B (only), then
your service will be affected by the scheduled maintenance work.

   ( If you need any help verifying your configuration,
     please do not hesitate to contact ISPnet. )

If you determine that your service will be affected by the April
12 maintenance work, you have two options available to lessen the
impact.

The first is to switch from being a single-connection customer to
a dual-connection customer.  There are no extra ISPnet charges
involved.  There may or may not be additional Telehouse charges
(one-time and/or recurring) depending on your contract with
Telehouse.  ISPnet will provide you with whatever assistance you
require to make this change.

The second way to lessen the impact of the scheduled outage is to
continue to be a single-connection customer but to have your
single cross-connect relocated from Shelf 10B to 10A prior to
April 12.

Moving a cross-connect will induce a service interruption, but it
should be very brief, certainly much shorter than the time we are
projecting to upgrade power to one of our cabinets.  Moreover, it
can be at a time of your choosing, possibly less disruptive than
the scheduled midnight-to-2AM window for our work.

You shuld be able to move a cross-connect simply by opening a
ticket with Telehouse through your sales rep or through Telehouse
"sales support".  ISPnet will be happy to re-issue the original
LOA/CFA if needed.  If you decide to do this, please let ISPnet
know the schedule for the change so we can monitor and be able to
provide support should there be any problems or questions.

We regret the inconvenience that you may suffer due to this work.

However, we feel that the work is necessary in order to insure
the integrity of our network and our ability to provide
continuous service to our customers at this site in the future.

--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net