[ispnet-announce] ISPnet peering at the Telehouse NYIIX

Bob Tinkelman bob at tink.com
Thu Mar 29 05:37:37 EDT 2018

The problem described in our earlier post has been resolved.

On Sunday, we became aware of a problem that involved
intermittent periods of high packet loss on connections
to ISPnet through the Telehouse NYIIX peering switch.

On Monday, Telehouse announced the existence of a problem
and, Monday afternoon, ISPnet shut down all our NYIIX
peering sessions, rerouting the traffic over other links.

Late Tuesday, Telehouse announced they had installed a
fix that they had received from their switch vendor.

Wednesday morning, we restored peering with one NYIIX
peer and then, around noon, with all our NYIIX peers,
and our connection to the NYIIX has been running, with
no problem since.

If you notice any reoccurances of the original issues,
please contact us immediately.

--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net