Godzilla Dies

Thomas Nelson gumby at PRIMENET.COM
Thu Dec 14 19:20:27 EST 1995

>TOHO Pictures just released (inJapan) what they say is the FINAL
>Godzilla Movie.  In this film Godzilla and Junior both DIE!
>
>TOHO also just announced that they have licensed TRI-STAR to produce
>the first ever American made Godzilla Movie.  Release expected in 97 or 98.
>
>phillip a jaeger ==> riordan at mail.utexas.edu

Just to add a little more:

The Tri-Star deal has actually been running for a couple of years now.
Originally they signed the director of _Speed_ (name escapes me), but he
decided he didn't want to do the project. Gojira fans seem skeptical about
the treatment Godzilla might receivel.

The new film is showing a trailer of a new Mothra film to be released next
year. It is to be a remake of Mothra's origin.

Finally, Gamera also has a new movie coming out in Japan. It is entitled
_Gamera 2_, a sequel to the film from last year.

I know this really isn't BOC related, but "hey," didn't Buck record "Gamera?"

Hasta.

The Gumby Man (OK...so I was gone for a while. I was sick and now I'm better.)

gumby at primenet.com

"In my tortured ears there sounds unceasingly a nightmare whirring and
flapping..."

               H.P. Lovecraft ("The Hound," 1924)