Sensitive to Criticizm?

Wed Nov 8 13:22:04 EST 1995

Dr. Bob writes:

>This is just my view on things.  It just really bugs me when I see comments
about "so and so was insulted by comments on the list" (no offense, Chip).  I
reiterate that I find it hard to believe that someone in the cut-throat world
of entertainment has such a thin skin that comments from here are going to
hurt them.  If a person really wanted to hurt a celebrity, they would refrain
from buying their product.

Well, others may disagree, but I'm of the opinion that we should all
be sensitive to other people's opinions, celebrities or not.  Perhaps
there is some opinion that we should not try to offend those considered
celebrities here on the list, not because we don't feel that they can't
take criticism or whatever, but because we feel that we don't want them
to leave the list -- now these celebrities are people just like you and
me, but perhaps because they are celebrities, people on the list might
be more dissappointed to seem them leave the list rather than you or I.

This is just a theory on my part, and I'm not trying to imply that I
would refrain from insulting someone on the list for such reasons --
however, I may not be a good person to test the theory on because I
don't typically try to insult anybody on the list.

John