Oh My! What language!

Robert Kohl rkohl at STATE.DE.US
Thu Nov 30 11:50:00 EST 1995

Paul, we need to schedule a psychiatric evaluation for you.

I've always wondered about the psyche of those who like to start flame wars
and use profanity, all the while in the safe, impersonal shadows of the 'net.
If you had any balls, Paul, you could have contacted me directly and we could
have discussed it off the list (I always include my direct address in my
messages).  But in the end, I'm glad you chose this forum because it
illustrates for others what a jackass you can make out of yourself.  But I
digress--now back to the topic at hand.

Regarding item #4 of my previous post: If you don't get the joke, too bad. If
you're not smart enough to realize when something is said tongue-in-cheek,
and when its not, maybe you ought to ask before you go ape shit on the list.
If you read it again, the humor is in the format I use "Now class.....or go
to hell." Obviously, you never knew anyone who attended a Christian school,
or you would have recognized the parody of a strict school marm.  But if I
have to explain the joke, well......

Yes, I think smileys and IMHOs and stuff are only minimally useful.  And yes,
I will probably mention it again in a humorous way like I did before
(remember when I told Jason to put his hands on his monitor and chant "Dr.
Bob" 3 times and his ailment would go away?)  That was a humorous way of
expressing my opinion.  And, as I said before, since the origin of my
postings is from MY keyboard, then using "IMHO" is redundant, IMO, especially
if you're not humble.

Now, if you really think that I'm trying to lead a movement here towards the
total banning of all symbols, you are one weird dude.  And you're probably a
"follower," which means that you are spineless and are afraid to stand up for
your principles.  I didn't join this list to be liked by anyone, just to
express my opinion.  Unlike you, I have the balls to state my opinion frankly
(no matter how unpopular), and I have the talent to put it in a humorous way
to take the edge off of it.  I don't have to resort to the childish bullshit
that you do.  Also, I tend to post original ideas.  It doesn't take alot of
brains to sit back and be reactionary, like you.

Regarding item #5 of my previous post:

Paul writes:
>>>stuff deleted<<<
Yeah, this last sentence just about sums it up.  If you are so bored, then
join more lists, or hang out in alt.flame (unless you already do).
Topicality isn't just a random attribute of a list; it's there for a reason.
Think hard enough and you might figure it out.
>>>stuff deleted<<<

Hmmm.....interesting.  Well, Paul, its not so much that I'm bored as that I,
unlike yourself, actually like to learn about new stuff.  Case in point:
there was a thread going about the different brands of guitar, styles, etc.
Now, its not exactly BOC-related per se (except the comments about the band
members' choices of guitars).  Since I don't know jack about guitars,
however, I found this thread very interesting.  Some of it I didn't
understand, but its called LEARNING.  Hence, my thoughts about off-topic
stuff on the list.  So instead of railing against it, why don't you take the
opportunity to learn something so you'll be cured of your ignorance.

Now, the good doctor has an opening at 9:00 tomorrow for that evaluation if
you can make it.  No charge for list members.

And if you want to continue discussion on these issues with me, at least have
the stones to take it off the list.  I'll be more than happy to have a
rational discussion with you.  But if you want to engage in name calling and
childish crap like that, don't bother.  I'd rather wait for you to grow
enough backbone to say it to my face someday.

-Dr. Bob (you see me now, a veteran, of a thousand psychic [flame] wars)
rkohl at state.de.us