BOC @ JAXX/NIGHT OF THE HUGE GUITARIST

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Thu Oct 26 14:28:08 EDT 1995

>Anyone who hears the first 3 albums, assuming they
>aren't an idiot, would have to conclude that Albert is one of the
>best to ever pound for a rock band.

I agree...from the beginning of Trans MC to the ending of Astronomy lies some
excellent drumming in between...most notably:  Cities, Sheep, Foot, Scopes,
R&B, Hot Rails, Archer, Diz, D&S, Cagey, Telepaths and Astronomy...

yeah, I miss the "ba-ba-bum-bum" in Cities nowadays, too...I think that was
taken out in favor of a rest...as my guitar buddy once told me "it's one of
dem lil things you'd miss if it wasn't in the song"...he's right!

one thing I don't miss that BOC thankfully took out was the "ahhhh" in
Burnin' For You...if it's in there, it makes the song sound kinda sappy,
IMO...how about the addition of the synth on Harvester on OYFOOYK?  adds a
"weird" aura to the song...

ROBO