BOC set changes

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at MSN.COM
Sat Sep 16 11:40:08 EDT 1995

----------
From:   BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List on behalf of Joseph Brooks

Sent:   Friday, September 15, 1995 11:24 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list
BOC-L
Subject:        BOC set changes

On Wed 13-Sep-1995 11:47a, Rudich, Robert
A wrote:

RA> "jd> Burnin' For You
RA> jd> Godzilla
RA> jd> Don't Fear
The Reaper

RA> Personally, I wish they'd drop these three from the set
entirely. They're
RA> good
RA> songs but you always *know* they'll play
'em. Too predictable."

That was me :) I still enjoy the shows but am not
thrilled when they break out
the 'big three'. In fact thats usually when I
sit down for a rest... AB's idea
of a solo Buck, accoustic Reaper would be
cool.

The reason they play the "Big 3" is because some of the people in
attendance only really wanna hear the big 3.  I think a variation of the Big
3 would be kewl, such as:
Reaper performed ala The Red and The Black (Buck's
side project) where Buck would play solo up until the guitar break in the
song...this would fit in well w/ the "unplugged" In Thee...would love to see
She's As Beautiful As A Foot done acoustic as well....

Godzilla - make it
sure and sweet like SEE (that way they can fit an additional tune into the
set), or bring back a 20 foot Zilla w/ laser beam eyes : P

Burnin - play
only up until the ending of the 1st chorus and then immediately cut into
Still Burnin'...
 I just wish the band would go
back to jamming the songs
and not limit themselves to a rigid set but instead
play what they felt like
and have some fun.

they still seem to have some fun...I'd say that 1 out
of the 5 shows I've been to this year seems like "they're goin' thru the
motions"....

I realize that it must be difficult to be that intense
after all these years
but I wish they'd relax and maybe take a few chances.
The accoustic "In Thee"
is a step in the right direction though....

Man,
they ought to hire me as their manager :>

         ||\          * Ask
me for my PGP Key!                "San Diego's
         ||<          *
Brokedown Palace! 619-596-1974/7419     Original
       |_||/          *
jbrooks at bpalace.com                    Grateful BBS"

OK manager, : P...how
'bout this for a setlist: