BOC set changes

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at MSN.COM
Sun Sep 17 09:02:54 EDT 1995

----------
From:   BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List on behalf of Joseph
Brooks
Sent:   Sunday, September 17, 1995 3:05 AM
To:     Multiple recipients
of list BOC-L
Subject:        BOC set changes

On Sat 16-Sep-1995  3:40p, Rob
Maerz wrote:

RM> The reason they play the "Big 3" is because some of the
people in
RM> attendance only really wanna hear the big 3.  I think a
variation of the

Ahhh, the operative phrase: "*some* of the people"

yeah, "some" of those people have to ruin it for the diehards!  : P

Burnin - play
RM> only up until the ending of the 1st chorus and then
immediately cut into
RM> Still Burnin'...

Sounds good. I've still not
heard "Still Burnin' " Where can I catch it? Is it
on a CD? I haven't bought
anything since Imaginos because my religion frowns
on 'best of' albums. I am
planning to fork over for WOTT though.

You can catch "Still Burnin'", as
well as Cold Grey Light Of Dawn (sorry, don't like that tune too much, the
chorus is predictable...), The Power Underneath Despair and Harvest Moon on a
bootleg.  I have a tape that has alot of newer stuff on it that includes
those songs as well as Wings of Mercury and The Red & The Black (which has
the best version of Reaper done Live, IMO)...

RM> OK manager, : P...how

RM> 'bout this for a setlist:

RM> Transmaniacon MC (opener)
RM> Career of
Evil

RM> Dominance & Submission
RM> The Subhuman
RM> Take Me Away

ETI

I'm with you so far...

RM> I'd Like To See You
RM> In Black

Another song I've not heard yet.. I'll leave it in just because at least its

new.

an excellent tune!  very heavy...sounds like a speed metal song...BOC
has played this alot lately, and has received a very good response from the
crowd.

RM> Harvester of Eyes

My favorite! Lets make it a long sweaty
one and add:

ME262
Flaming Telepaths
Astronomy
Stairway To the
Stars>Before the Kiss>Born to Be Wild

no way!  let's cut ME262!  replace
with Veteran of the Psychic Wars...

[Break for 20 or so]

"unplugged"
RM> In Thee
RM> Reaper
RM> She's As
RM> Beautiful As A Foot

I'd sub 'The Great Sun Jester' for 'Foot'.
ok, but we gotta do a Plugged-In
version of Foot!  : P...(luv that tune!)

RM> plug 'em back in....

BlackBlade
RM> Lips In The Hills

Never liked 'Lips'... How about 'Baby
Ice Dog'?

<sigh>well....all-right...

RM> Mistress of the Salmon Salt

RM> The Vigil

Yes! I've dreamed of hearing these two live! Especially
'Mistress'. If they
ever did it, I sure don't remember it.

got a tape
that has this one live....

RM> Burnin For You / Still Burnin'

Godzilla

Ok, gotta please the FM fans I guess...

RM> encore:

Golden Age of Leather

OD'd on Life

RM> 7 Screaming Dizbusters
RM> I'm
On
RM> The Lamb But I Ain't No Sheep >intermixed with Red & Black

Heh...
they'd need a good long rest after that one, eh?

fuck 'em!
I always
enjoy a good 'Last Days of May' too but I guess I'll give ol' Buck a

break... :>

         ||\          * Ask me for my PGP Key!
   "San Diego's
         ||<          * Brokedown Palace! 619-596-1974/7419
   Original
       |_||/          * jbrooks at bpalace.com
Grateful BBS"

ROBO