BOC CDs, was Re: BOC We gotta get out....

ROBERT SEDLER robert.sedler at NOR.MKL.COM
Tue Sep 19 20:33:00 EDT 1995

-> > >I have always wondered, however, whether these CDs would
-> > >sound better if the CD player were plugged instead into the phono
-> > >input of the amplifier...
-> > >
-> > Paul...don't do that. the phono input on your stereo is designed
-> for an > input level that is about 1/100 as high as the CD or AUX
-> input.  If you > connect your CD player to the phono input, you will
-> probably fry your phono > preamp.
->
-> Ok... so how about if you did 99% signal attenuation it first?  I'd
-> _love_ to come up with a workable fix to this problem, because I have
-> a lot of CDs that sound like absolute shit because of it.

That's kinda strange for me to hear. I've never purchased a CD that
sounded "like absolute Shit". At the VERY LEAST, every CD I've ever
bought  (or even heard for that matter) sound like a record with no
rice-krispies. Some sound SUPERB when remastered and remixed, but
"absolute shit", no never.

Are you sure you don't have some faulty CD's? I think my OYFoOYK's CD is
faulty, On the part where Eric says, "Like to thank my fiends here that
gave me this little whip......" it sounds like someone is running a
blender with pieces of slate in it. Anyone elses feet/knees have this on
it?

Torgo
robert.sedler at nor.mkl.com

"She's cute, she's rooty-toot-toot
        I bet she smells like juicy-fruit"  - Crow T. Robot