Off topic general radio question

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Tue Sep 26 17:17:00 EDT 1995

>AB-

>When I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC, I remember listening to a really
>cool station out of DC called "DC 101".  Their logo looked alot like
>the AC/DC logo.  It was a great rock station.  Is it still around?
                                 Manuel
Yes & no Manuel; apologies for the cryptic response.  The station still
exists and is one of the only rock stations (and by far the biggest ) in the
Wash. DC area.  The problem is that the play list has become increasingly
dull over the last few months.  You call up with a request and if it is not
top twenty you are not likely to hear it.  For example, a local band Earth
Eighteen (Fairfax, VA) has gotten a lot of air play on 98 Rock from
Baltimore and WHFS which serves DC/B'more.  You will rarely hear this group
on DC 101.  The classics they play are about the same twenty songs the
classic rock stations tend to play.  Few of the DJ's have any personalties
and if you really want to hear them rock it can only be done very late at
night.  I hardly listen to them anymore.  They were really progressive in
the 70's and 80's but seemed to have lost their way in the 90's.

AB