BOC: workshop

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Thu Sep 28 07:49:57 EDT 1995

> I dunno, I don't think I can be bothered with _WotT_ - even the (4 out of
> 32!) "unreleased" tracks are just different versions of generally
> available stuff, it's not like they're previously unheard *songs* or
> anything.  All that "museum of cult" stuff, the SFG/SWU songs - I thought
> there were going to be some of those?
>
> Seems like a fair enough compilation, but that's all.  Bummer.

Indeed. Considerably underwhelming after the pseudo hype of the SFG songs
making an appearance. A decent copy of St Cecilia on CD would have got me
running (OK, a brisk walk) to the local CD shop, but this - nah, can't be
assed.

> Jean asks:
>
> > Slight topic detour:  is it me, or have this year's new releases
> > been generally underwhelming?  Trepanation is about the only one
> > I've wanted to listen to repeatedly.
>
> There've been some fine off-topic releases, though!  (But I won't go into
> those here, that's what "Ob" is for :)

(quickly reformats message ;-)

ObCDof95: Young Gods, 'Only Heaven'
ObCDof95: Monster Magnet 'Dopes to Infinity'  it does age well
ObCDof95: White Zombie 'Astro Creep 2000' from what I've heard of it

But you got me stumped for any others...

Tim