HW Live Chronicles Video CD & BOC Workshop Box Set

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Thu Sep 28 11:12:00 EDT 1995

I'm really envious of the UK people with their access to shows and releases
that aren't easily gotten in the States.  The latest video CD release of the
Live Chronicles show really breaks it for me.  This is my favorite album (in
my bio, AB) and to have it in sight and sound with new music is something
I'd really appreciate.  While I applaud the new independent house's efforts
in breaking new ground, they leave a large market untapped.  Not only do I
live in another country, but I haven't gotten a video CD because the
universal format is not fixed yet (nor has the price found a true level).  I
don't want to buy another Betamax.  I hope  a VHS version with wider
distribution comes out sometime.    The need is there, whether or not it
will be filled legitimately is the next question.

I'm a BOC neophyte.  While the reviews of the WOT box set are being done
from a more hard core point-of-view, some of the caveats have made me wonder
if I should dip my toe in this or some other compilation.  What would you
guys suggest as the best initial sampler for somebody who is curious, but
not necessarily committed yet?  I saw Career of Evil (?) CD in a cheapie bin
and that seemed to include a number of the primary songs from the dream set
list.  Is that a more cost effective 1st step?
   ( )--(a)
   (@=@=) \     Rudy the ferret mage
      \   \      (Ever watchful for Hawks from above & beyond)
      /\ * )  \