Strange Trips

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Fri Sep 29 18:50:23 EDT 1995

       Comment on new-releases mailing list:

       After the first excerpt was posted a week or so ago, I downloaded
       a copy of this terrific resource.  It seems to me from reading the
       disclaimer and the list of contributors, that only SOME of this
       info actually comes direct from the record companies.  The rest
       seems to come from individuals who Email in their contributions.

       I examined the list of contributing record companies, and Griffin /
       Gopaco was NOT on the list, kind of implying that any info on
       Griffin releases did not come from Griffin, but rather from some
       individual.

       Now I'm speculating here, but perhaps *ANYBODY* can Email in a
       contribution...even me, to describe an imaginary album that I
       really wish existed (will exist?).  Note: I am not claiming that
       the Brock solo is imaginary :-).  Rather, a well-intentioned but
       mis-informed contributor volunteered the info posted on the
       new-releases list?

       After all, this is the 'Net.  I take EVERYTHING with a grain (or a
       shaker) of salt.

       Captain Cloud (a paranoid untrusting bastard  ;-> )

       P.S. If anybody confirms that "STaPD" WAS released, I'll be as
       happy as anyone on BOC-L!