HW: Cover Project: US tapes: The End is Near (at last)

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Thu Apr 11 11:09:50 EDT 1996

On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, Allan T Grohe Jr wrote:

> I talked with the guy at Terrapin a bit and he recommended the XL2Ss over
> the metal tapes, since apparently minimum level metal tapes don't get as
> nice a sound response as the XL2S (of which I was previosly unaware).
> They'll also cover shipping for free, with 4 day UPS delivery.
>
> If it sounds good to you all, I'll go with the XL2S's, for a total cost

I second the recommendation for Maxell XLII-S.  They are *GREAT* tapes!
I've used them a lot in the past, with superb results (especially when
you can fine adjust the bias setting on your tape deck, to "tune" it to
the tapes).  "Superchrome" tapes, such as the XLII-S, also usually have
much lower noise than metal tapes.

I say go with the the Maxell XLII-S instead of the metal tapes.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Gary Moore, _Blues for Greeny_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.