Eric on Imaginos

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Apr 18 10:37:50 EDT 1996

> >         Eric also says complementary things about Crate guitar amps?  I
> > recall these sucking horribly--have they changed or is he in space?
> > He says they are using Crate's Blue Voodoo amps ...
>
> The recent Crate amps are pretty cool, esp. the tube models, which
> includes the Blue Voodoo models.  Marty Friedman of Megadeth is
> endorsing them right now.  Actually, if you can stomach a transistor
> amp [I can't] their recent tranny amps are as good as that format can
> be.  I've contemplated getting a Blue Voodoo myself, but I'm amp-rich
> at the moment and don't really need one for anything.  It's a 3-
> channel setup, supposedly with tons of gain, and they're a good, make
> that excellent, value.  I suspect you're thinking of the old ones
> that looked like they were made from scrap two by fours?  They were
> pieces of shit--I know 'cause I jam with a dude who's got one.

        Yes, I guess that must be it.  I was never rich enough to afford
better than a Marshall 8080--one of those evil valve/transistor hybrids ;)
but I certainly appreciate the value of a three channel set-up.  I found
two channels a bit limiting ...

        But I'll stop before I drift any farther off topic ... :)

Cheers,
Carl