BOC: Eric on WotT and other things (long)

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Apr 24 13:31:25 EDT 1996

> >         Now the first two Neal Stephenson books I quite enjoyed, even
> > though _Snow Crash_ began to bog a bit at the end, IMHO ...
>
> I assume you mean Snow Crash & Diamond Age.

        No, I meant _Zodiac_ and _Snow Crash_!  Haven't read _Diamond Age_
and I don't know if _Zodiac_ was published in the UK.  Kind of a very near
future eco-thriller, and quite good :)

> I must confess whilst I fairly
> burnt through Snow Crash, Diamond Age is taking a lot longer.

        Well, I also burned through _Snow Crash_, which may be why I began
to feel a bit weary at the end ;)  But any book which utterly takes the
piss on cyberpunk can't be that bad no matter how you look at it :)

Cheers,
Carl