OFF: Eloy/WotEoT

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Thu Aug 1 07:45:49 EDT 1996

> At 15:27 31/07/96 BST, you wrote:
>
> >There was a mid-period compilation but I've forgotten what it was
> >called.
>
> >FoFP
>
> This was 'Wings of Vision' and I reckon it dates from 80/1. It made
> occasional appearances for a year or so then disappeared never to be seen
> again. I'm sure it's not been re-issued on CD. I never bought a copy, so
> can't remember the exact track listing but I seem to recall that the title
> track was the only one that didn't appear on other LPs. I think most of the
> others were from 'Colours', 'Ocean' and 'SCaME'. Given that WoV itself is on
> the comp of early years material, I guess there's no need for this to be
> re-issued. I also recall that the cover was an exact duplication of 'Ocean'
> for some strange reason.

Uhhh, I think that this is a mis-identified sighting of "Rareities", as
"WoV" is on that puppy twice. The cover is that of the earth as seen from
space. It most definitly is on CD (I have it) and it was issued around
1992 or so. I don't know of any mid-period compiliation, however. If anyone
wants it, I think I have a discography floating around somewhere...

> BTW, I'd recommend bits of 'Inside' and 'Floating', all of 'Ocean' and avoid
> 'Power and the Passion' like the plague - it contains possibly the most
> embarassing moments in recorded rock history IMHO!

What, you don't like songs about time-altering drugs and disco dancing? ;-)
(I'm with you on this, BTW)

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, a Siemens Nixdorf Co.
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Rd. Suite 400