BOC: Bolle/Club Ninja

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Mon Aug 19 17:14:36 EDT 1996

don't see him often outside the confines of AOL (no idea what
his frequency is there), but he posted this in response to someone's
query on alt.music.blueoystercult about 'perfect water', and since I know
there are some on here who can't get on alt.music.blueoystercult I thought
I'd post it here as there is some interesting info (and opinions, as always!)

>From: tubular1 at aol.com (TUBULAR 1)
>Perfect Water is OK, it's not on my list of favourite songs, it doesn't
>hold anything exciting to it.... say White Flags which is incredible and
>When The War Comes which originally was called Half Life Time simply blows
>me away although I'm not too keen on the vocals being that split
>Buck/Eric/Joe Voice... three opposites that don't work in this theme...
>Joe Bouchard should have sung this alone... with a double track and a
>slight phase shift on his voice... (Ahhh Dreams....:-)
>I like this album a lot and listen to it more often than most of the
>others these days... (there are always personal fads we go through... ) I
>really got into the music when I first started the works on the lyrics
>book and that's when I made my serious deep analysys of this very odd BOC
>disc.
>This was the first BOC record to be made directly onto CD format and that
>is also the reason for it being deleted from the catalogue... where all
>the others were remastered for CD, Ninja was the normal release, and with
>poor sales was considered a loser from Columbia and so they took it out of
>production. The problem with Deletions these days is that the record
>stores are allowed to return their runs with all deleted records, hence
>those emtpy shelves immediately in all the stores.... In Europe they don't
>have the same deals so the deletions are in the stores until they actually
>sell them....N-E-Way... My favorite Ninja Tracks are in this order; When
>The War Comes, White Flags, Dancin' in The Ruins, Make Rock Not War, The
>Shadow Warrior... the rest of the album is a wee bit flat for me... Live I
>think Spy made a nice tune, but somehow it's just an OK song here as goes
>for Madness & Water... There's really nothing progressive about these
>songs... Of course the Beat Em Up song is a stupid song, and doesn't fit
>the BOC aura... it was aimed at Lee Aron from Canada who actually recorded
>it 2 years before BOC... So why doing a cover??? I bet you they never knew
>at the time that LeeA had done her version years before them....!!!
>Catch Y'all L8R
>BOLLE_!_?
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random
Guildmaster of Reeves
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm